7-Zip for Windows
7-Zip is designed for creating or unpacking archived and compressed files. The application can unpack 7zip, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB files, or create file archives in those formats.
For the standard ZIP and GZIP formats, 7the application promises to deliver a compression ratio that is 2 - 10 % better than that provided by PKZip or WinZip, and the native 7zip format can provide a 45% reduction in file size from the common zip format.
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
- Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR; Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM and DEB
- For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 59 languages
7-Zip is a product developed by Igor Pavlov. This site is not directly affiliated with Igor Pavlov. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista